Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Chuck Swindoll


Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Christmas was so joyful this year!  I had a hard time sleeping because I couldn't wait to see how the kids would react to their gifts!  I actually got nervous that I had gotten the wrong things!  Darrell's parents and aunt came over first thing in the morning.  The adults were all ready and waiting for the kids to climb out of bed.  Max seemed overwhelmed at first, but once he let Christmas morning soak in, he was an old pro.  Alexis only sort of got the hang of it.  She had a lot of help opening her gifts.  The pizza kitchen is a definite hit!  Max cooked pretend pizzas all day!  He also adores the metal detector he got.  Mommy and Daddy aren't the biggest fans.  It beeps like an alarm clock!  Alexis loves the owl chair that is just her size! (I am a bit jealous myself!)  Her favorite gift seems to be the stroller, bed and doll set.  She does a great job feeding, rocking and walking her baby around!  I really loved watching them play all day.  Darrell got a waffle maker and made everyone waffles for lunch.  We cooked the turkey breast in my new Kitchen Aid toaster oven!  It was fantastic!  Darrell also surprised me with a Dooney and Bourke purse!!  I am so blessed and in love with my little family.  Just think...Next year our 3rd little one will be here to enjoy the day with us!




 

No comments: