Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Chuck Swindoll


Monday, April 7, 2014

Involuntary Haircup

I was running errands.  When I came home, Alexis was all ready in bed for her nap.  And She was actually sleeping.  I was in the living room when I saw it, not a lot of it, but it was long.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  I asked Max "Did you cut Sissy's hair?"  Max replied "Are you going to be mad?"  I asked "How MUCH of Sissy's hair did you cut?"  Max said "Only a little bit."  Only a little bit?  I was on pins and needles till she got up.  At first glance, it wasn't too bad.  She always get up with a bit of bed head.  Then I really looked.  Some strands were gone clear up to the middle of her skull.  Some of the chopped mop was a bit longer.  There were small segments of varying lengths all over her precious-never-had-an-official-haircut head.  I gasped.   I tried to tell myself it looked OK.  Needless to say, I couldn't deal with it.

BEFORE:
  


AFTER:












I took her to JJ's the next day.  The lady did the best she could to fix it, and if you didn't know any better, you couldn't really tell that she'd had an involuntary hair cut.  Alexis had a blast at JJ's.  She got to watch Annie while she sat in a pink car shaped haircut chair.  She even got a lollipop.  Afterward, she said she "really liked her haircup."  I then told her to never let Max cut her hair again!

No comments: