Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Chuck Swindoll


Monday, February 17, 2014

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!!!

Introducing The Green Lantern.





After getting a Green Lantern game with 3-D glasses for Valentine's day,  Max has a new found interest in the Green Lantern super hero.  I have really enjoyed helping Max obtain all the necessary gear to become the best green lantern he could be.  First, we made a ring out of a bottle top and one of my craft jewels.  Next came a cape.  Technically, Green Lantern does not have a cape, but Max wanted one.  At first, the cape was a rough piece of satin fabric.  While he was at school today, I found a matching red piece and sewed it into an actual cape.  Finally, Max announced that the ensemble was not complete without the power source to charge his ring.  I suppose he is right.  He will not be able to maintain his powers with out the power source, the lantern.  So, I got a ginger ale bottle from our recycle bin, hot glued 1/2 of a take out container to each side and bent a clothes hanger into a handle.  He was thrilled.  I feel like this is the first time in his little life I have actually blown his mind like his daddy seems to do every day.  

No comments: