Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. ~Chuck Swindoll


Friday, July 26, 2013

Toy Car! June 13, 2013

OK,  this post has a little back story.  When in middle school, my father had to drive me to school each morning.  I have to admit these driver were the highlight of my day!  He and I invented all sorts of little games on our way.  One was to see who could keep a Hershey's kiss in our mouth without it melting away the longest.  Once, dad was showing off that he still had his when it fell out onto his tie.  You are probably wondering what all this has to do with the title "Toy Car."  Another of our games was a spin off of the classic Punch Bug.  Every time we saw a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe, we'd shout "TOY CAR"  We'd keep score and whoever saw the most won.  The game got to be a little predictable after a while since our route never changed, but we played anyway.  That being said, I have fond memories attached to those little cars, so when our neighbors were selling theirs at a yard sale, I HAD to have it!  I think the little car found a good home. 





No comments: